“Every employer must make sure that anyone who is liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work, or who supervises those employees, gets the correct level of information, instruction and training so that they can work safely and competently without risk to themselves or others.” – Asbestos Information, Instruction and Training, HSE
We provide the “Asbestos Awareness” course which will educate attendees on;
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACM’s in buildings and plant;
- the general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace;
- how to avoid risks from asbestos, e.g. for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACM’s are not present.
These courses are required for tradesmen and should be made available to any person who works within a building which contains asbestos, such as :
- demolition workers;
- construction workers;
- general maintenance staff;
- gas fitters;
- painters and decorators;
- shop fitters;
- heating and ventilation engineers;
- telecommunication engineers;
- computer and data installers;
- fire and burglar alarm installers;
- architects, building surveyors and other such professionals.
- All courses are Certificated
- Trainee’s will receive an ID Badge which lists the course(s) that they have completed.
We can hold Training Days/ courses at our Offices in Nottingham or travel to any location which suits the Customer, providing the required facilities are available.
In 2014, we delivered 72 Training courses to over 750 delegates.
View this course on CoursesPlus.co.uk
In addition, we provide tailor-made courses for Duty-holders, Managers, Building Occupiers, Caretakers, DLO’s, Maintenance Staff etc. with customised aspects of the Awareness course & the Management of Asbestos course to cater to individual or Customer-specific requirements.
We also provide the Refresher courses which are required annually.
The training courses we can provide
These courses are required for tradesmen who wish to work on non-licensed ACM’s. Includes practical training and allows attendees to learn the practical procedures and techniques required to safely work with, repair and remove non-licensable ACM’s. Click here for more information.
For new operatives, managers and supervisors. Includes practical training and allows attendees to learn the practical procedures and techniques required to safely work with, repair and remove licensed ACM’s. Click here for more information.