Asbestos warning as fire breaks out at Nottinghamshire industrial estate

People in North Nottinghamshire are being advised to keep their windows and doors shut as firefighters tackle a blaze at an industrial estate.

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue.

Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue.

Four crews were alerted to the incident at Boughton Industrial Estate, in Ollerton, at around 7.10pm on Friday.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service has asked residents to stay indoors as there is asbestos in the smoke. However, the asbestos level is not thought to be high.

Gas cylinders were thought to be inside the affected building which is a single-storey building used as a garage and coach works, measuring 20 metres by 10 metres. But it was later confirmed that the cylinders had been removed and were not a risk.

The service tweeted about the incident, saying crews from Edwinstowe, Tuxford, Retford and Ashfield had been dispatched to the blaze.

Asbestos training awareness licensed non-licensed

We provide training courses for Asbestos Awareness, Licensed works & Non-licensed works.

It added: “This fire is giving off a significant smoke plume that involves asbestos and residents in the area are advised to keep windows and doors closed while we deal with the fire.”

A spokeswoman for the service said just before 10pm: “There’s some asbestos but it’s ‘asbestos minor’ so it’s a low asbestos risk. Firefighters have removed cylinders from the building and they are not thought to be acetylene and weren’t involved in the fire. We are still in attendance.”

Source: Nottingham Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2M Asbestos
Image Description